|INNO new model driving simulator|
|Features of the new version
This time, a new version of the driving simulator has been released.
Changes from the previous versions are introduced.
1. Adopted a "digital cluster" panel to the instrument panel section
By extensively using digital to the meter part, the display of speed information, etc. while driving has become easier to see.
2. By providing a cover over the front monitor, the immersive feeling increases.
3. By cutting the front and back of the simulator, the total length has been shortened
Weight saving has been done by shortening the total length, simplifying the installation and moving in multiple units.
|Simplified version elderly simulator|
elderly driving simulator is a driving simulator of a simplified
version which applied UC-win /Road and driving option to a driving
simulator based on a controller. This time, it has been newly added in
the lineup of the UC-win/Road driving simulator, so its information is
A space-saving driving simulator
This driving simulator is very compact (installation space: 560mm x 900m) compared to the conventional driving simulator and it is designed very simply. Therefore, introducing a driving simulator can easily be achieved without choosing a setting place.
Easy cooperation with UC-win/Road and an operability alike to a real car
This driving simulator is based on a USB game controller, which enables the easy cooperation with UC-win/Road without any special hardware.
Also, a combination switch and a hazard switch which does not come with a normal game controller is installed, so the operation of the headlights, turn signals and wipers can be done just like a real car.
Trial displayed at the FORUM8 headquarters showroom
Currently, this simulator is being displayed at the FORUM8 headquarters showroom. An operartion experience is also possible, so please feel free to visit if you are interested.
|8DOF Traffic Safety Simulator|
large scale Driving Simulator was planned and built for the Research
Institute of the Highway Ministry of Transport in China (RIOH) to be
used in their traffic and safety research work. It was designed and
built in accordance with their detailed specification, the whole
project being managed throughout by FORUM 8 engineers. In January 2009,
FORUM8 received the order for customized development of this Driving
Simulator following an international tender and in February 2014, the
Final Acceptance Test was complete, marking the completion of the
entire project. The following is an explanation of the features and an
overview of the high performance large-scale Driving Simulator based on
FORUM 8's Real-Time Interactive 3D Virtual Reality Simulation &
Modeling Software UC-win/Road.
Overall system image
The 8DOF Traffic Safety Simulator is a high performance large-scale Driving Simulator based on award winning real-time Interactive 3D VR Simulation & Modeling software UC-win/Road. This large scale Driving Simulator was planned and built for RIOH, to their precise specification, to be used for their traffic and safety research activity. In January 2009, FORUM8 won an international tender for the customized development of this Driving Simulator and delivered the completed Driving Simulator in February 2014.
Expected outcomes and functions
1. Function designed for driver behavior researchHaving the ability to reproduce the driver's driving sensation accurately, the simulator enables the users to conduct driving behavior research to evaluate a whole host of 'human factors' which may affect road traffic system.
2. Road traffic safety research functionsThis simulator possesses road traffic safety research functions useful for research based on the status and design of the individual 'road' within the road traffic system.
3. Traffic safety research under special environmental circumstancesThis simulator enables the user to investigate the effects and subsequent driving actions under a range of different environmental conditions.
4. Other functionsAs the FORUM 8 Driving Simulator can faithfully reproduce the real driving sensation it has many other applications in driving behavior research.
|In the end|
|We will continue to develop simulators incorporating opinions and requests from the users. Please look forward to it.|
|(Up&Coming '14 Fall issue)|